INFORMATION BULLETIN № 14
28 March 2011
Update as of 10:00 AM
* The DOST-PNRI continues to closely monitor the situation at the Fukushima-Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant.
* The condition in the plant remains very serious but not worsening.
* Extremely high levels of radiation (10 million times normal) appeared to be a reporting error and had been retracted by Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO). Nevertheless, high levels of radiation remain inside the nuclear power plant but pose danger only to the emergency workers.
* Environmental radiation monitoring all over the world including the Philippines has detected very tiny amounts of radioactive isotopes which appeared to be coming from the Fukushima nuclear power plant and which pose no human health hazards.
* Latest DOST-PNRI RADIATION LEVEL CHECK at PNRI grounds as of 9:00 AM, March 28, 2011: 93-115 nSv/hr (nanoSieverts per hour), STATUS: NORMAL
* Based on the PAGASA model, air parcel coming from northern Japan is forecasted to move east towards the Pacific Ocean for the next three days.
* For the latest information, please access the following websites:
o International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) (http://www.iaea.org)
o Nuclear and Industrial Safety Administration (NISA) of Japan (www.nisa.meti.go.jp/english/index.html)
o World Health Organization (http://www.who.int/hac/crises/jpn/en/index.html)